Mumbai, the city of dreams, has come a long way in terms of its real estate infrastructural development. A lot of credit goes to the builders and developers in Mumbai who have shaped the city’s landscape. From the post-independence era to the present day, Mumbai has been home to some of the biggest names in the real estate industry who have transformed the city with their unique contributions and projects.
In this blog post, we will take a look at the top 5 biggest names in real estate and how they’re transforming Mumbai’s landscape.
- The Lodha Group – The Lodha Group, founded in 1980 by Mangal Prabhat Lodha, is one of the largest real estate developers in India and is known for its luxury residential projects. The group has a diversified portfolio that includes residential, commercial, retail, and hospitality properties. The Lodha Group is known for developing the World Towers, which is the tallest residential tower in India and is located in Mumbai. They are currently working on a new project called ‘Palava City’, which is a 4,500-acre integrated smart city located on the outskirts of Mumbai – scheduled to be completed by 2025.
- The Hiranandani Group – The Hiranandani Group, founded in 1978 by Niranjan Hiranandani, is one of the leading real estate developers in India and is known for its luxury residential projects. The group has a diversified portfolio of projects as well as a lot of firsts in the Indian real estate sector, such as the introduction of copper plumbing in 1991! The Hiranandani Group is known for creating Hiranandani Gardens, which is one of the first integrated townships in India and is located in Powai, Mumbai.
- The Oberoi Realty – The Oberoi Realty, founded in 1980 by Vikas Oberoi, is a leading real estate developer in India that continues to break new ground for luxury residential projects in Mumbai. In all of its residential, commercial, retail, and hospitality properties, the Oberoi Realty group is known for its commitment to sustainability and green building practices. The group’s chief contribution to Mumbai across 43 projects remains a focus on high design and innovation.
- The Kalpataru Group – The Kalpataru Group, founded in 1969 by Mofatraj P. Munot, is one of the most reputed real estate developers in India and is known for its luxury residential projects. The globally-awarded Kalpataru Group is known for its strong emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction in all its projects in Mumbai. They are renowned for introducing the concept of 1.5-bedroom homes in Mumbai – something that is popular to this day! They have also been gamechangers in Mumbai’s commercial real estate, constructing Asia’s first Platinum LEED-certified commercial building.
- The Shapoorji Pallonji Group – The Shapoorji Pallonji Group is one of India’s oldest and most respected business conglomerates, founded in 1865. The group operates in various sectors such as engineering, construction, real estate, infrastructure, and power. The Shapoorji Pallonji Group is known for developing some of the iconic buildings in Mumbai such as Joyville and Shapoorji Pallonji Joyville Prime. But beyond residential real estate, the group is known for transforming Mumbai’s infrastructure with projects such as the iconic Brabourne Stadium and the Mumbai Central Railway Station.
These builders and developers in Mumbai have played a crucial role in shaping the city’s landscape and are transforming the way we live, work and play. From luxury residential projects to integrated smart cities, they are pushing the boundaries of what is possible and making the city a better place to live.